On top of the Bells Palsy or perhaps because of it, the writing voices appeared to take an extended vacation and I have gotten very few words written since my last release. While I am still wonky, I’ve seen some improvement over the last week or so. I am not sure how long this condition will linger, but I’m doing my best to fight my way back to some form of normal. I’ve also decided I need a change. During my down time I rented an office building close to our home. The space is large enough for all my writing needs and will house all my inventory and supplies that I currently keep in our basement. Not only that, but there is space for my husband to have an office where he can not only do genealogy, but also help me with research when needed. He and our oldest son have worked tirelessly to paint and get everything ready for my new adventure. Today was my first official day in my new office and I’m happy to say the writing voices seem to approve of the new space.
My hubby is thrilled with this change as he thinks it will be good for my mental wellbeing as I’ve become somewhat of a hermit over the last few years. It is not unheard of me going days or even weeks without leaving the house. This new adventure forces me out of my comfort zone even if only by breathing fresh air on the way to and from my office which is three minutes from our house. We live in a small town and the building is the original hospital circa 1947. I love history, am excited to have lucked into finding this space and am looking forward to seeing what amazing ideas come to me from within these walls.
Now for the bad news…
I am sorry to say that as of this afternoon book 14 in the Jerry McNeal Series is officially delayed. Amazon allows authors to delay a preorder only once and for a maximum of thirty days. The good news is Amazon allows authors to move the book forward again. To avoid unforeseen problems, I pushed Star Treatment as far as allowed. It is currently slated for a September 24th release.
I firmly believe I will be able to finish the book within the next week or two at the most. Doing the math, you will know that means I will be finished with the book well before the original release date. Here’s where I have the issue. After I finish with the manuscript, I must then send it to my editor.
Beth is great and can usually have it back to me within a week. Normally we have a day or two of back and fourths to fix any issues. Next, I send the file to the rest of my team (which consists of five beta readers and a proofreader.) They are a fantastic bunch who normally gets everything back to me within a week. Amazon then requires manuscripts to be uploaded five days prior to the preorder date to allow them time to check for any issues which could delay the release.
This is all to say that baring any hiccups, I fully expect to move the book up. In the end, it should not be delayed more than a week or two beyond the original release date.
The good news…
The series will NOT end with book 14. I have many more story lines in mind for this series. I cannot promise them all this year, as I have another commitment, but I promise to get them to you as soon as possible.
As always, thank you for reading!
Check out my new writing space in the pictures below.